domingo, 16 de marzo de 2008

Why Seoul?

Why do my Blog has that name?

Well because i wanted it to be somehow original, so I started with the title!
It's also a way to keep in mind one of my objectives : learning Korean and go there before I die. In the meantime, I will enjoy each moment of my journey on earth, and try not be selfish by sharing some of these moments with you. If you can't read english (desculpa mamae) then you can't read this...but I still love you!

Why Korea?

First because I'm attracted by Asian culture and Asian people in general, not to mention Asian girls in particular... So it could have been China? No because I find chinese language impossible to learn (I've tried!) and I have a lot of prejudices against communism. Japan? God i looove japanese culture, and Tokyo was one the most amazing city I ever saw, BUT I think Japaneses people are too weird... Whereas i really love Korean people, there are funny, affectionate, and open-minded. I also love korean food, and korean cinema (Kim Ki Duk has made my favorite movie: "Spring, summer, winter, autumn...and spring"). The other Asian countries? i have to admit i never took the time to think about it.
Secondly, i think korean is easier to learn than chinese or japanese, and sometimes i lack patience.
Now i know that all I just said is full of prejudices, but I came to the conclusion that every prejudice is based on somewhat true (example: "French people don't take shower" i have to say our fathers and grandfathers took less shower than those of many other countries, and we do love to take bath instead of shower!)
I had to pick a country anyway...

2 comentarios:

Romain dijo...

And what about Kimchi and Soju?! You said you like Korea for many good things but nothing about Kimchi and Soju! I am desapointed! ;-)

De trés bons arguments pour étudier en Corée! Je suis d'accord avec toi pour pas mal de choses (I love Korean girls too) mais côté "open-minded" ma Korean girlfriend n'est pas tout à fait d'accord...
Aprés un peu plus de 6 mois passés à Séoul je peux dire que j'adore ma vie ici!

Côté Hangul (langue coréenne), je parle un petit peu (tchugun) mais ça reste tout de même difficile à apprendre. Le plus facile est de lire et écrire, en 3 jours c'est faisable!

Si tu as besoin de détails sur la Corée fait moi signe!

Annyeong igaseyo!

Henri Bugnet dijo...

LOL, thank you Romain for that comment, I love it!

I said "i also love korean food", of course this also means that I love Kimchi and Soju! enven if these ones are not my favourites (i think that you are not the biggest fan of Kimchi neither, right?)

Quand au Hangul oral, c'est vrai que j'ai souvent du mal à distinguer certaines syllabes, qui pour moi sonnent toutes identiques!

enfin j'y arriverai!

about what your Korean girlfriend thinks, it just makes me even more curious and eager to know more about Korean people!