martes, 25 de marzo de 2008

Buenos Aires you neglect us... day 3

I wake up with a head twice as big as it was yesterday, and it takes me a few minutes before I can remember the bad experience we had a few hours ago. I really can't wait to breath some fresh air, I take the "Subte"(metro) to Recoleta. This is another rich neighborhood, a very nice one. I head up to the Recoleta cemetery, a famous one, with famous dead people, and some amazing graves. This is such a peaceful place that I stay until it closes, then I go next door in the cultural center, it's free and there is a really nice photo exposition (which must be over now).
Around 9pm I meet with Pierre-Louis (PL) in San Telmo to eat. He makes me discover a really cool restaurant, with amaaaaazing meat (low price, nice atmosphere, and really good food, i can find the direction for you if you ask). 2 bottles of wine and some 1kg of meat later, it's time to see some tango. We arrive in an underground tango bar, the atmosphere is soul-stirring, and I start dreaming about dancing this smooth dance with an unknown beautiful woman... but I come back to reality and feel completely unable to dance tango with anyone, not even PL.
After a couple of hours admiring this gorgeous dance, we take a cab and go to a Brazilian disco. The DJ plays some reggaeton and axé bahia songs. Pl and I start looking for some dance partners. We meet a nice group in the stairway to the bathroom, and I talk for 15min with a nice girl, then we head toward the dancefloor, but when I start dancing with her, she tells me that she can't and that she has a boyfriend, pointing the guy behind me, who I never saw before...
Finally, after being dissed a couple of times more, and a 2 or 3 "caipirinhas" later, we decide to walk off, but not before I try one last time with an argentine. I just say "hola" with my best smile (I try) and she answers me by rising her middle finger... I was a bit chocked and really upset. That night, I didn't dreamed about argentine girls.

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

"she answers me by rising her middle finger".
aha. Ça c'est des femmes qui ont de la personnalité.
PL