domingo, 18 de mayo de 2008

Que rica la palta! the chilean food

My travel book said chilean food was disappointing. I totally disagree on that point, I really enjoy my culinary experience here, and I will show you some of it.

First, la "palta" (avocado) is simply everywhere, even in the "completo" (hot dog). Lucky me, I love this fruit. They even roll their sushi with avocado


The chilean burger is named "churasco", which is basically a burger with better meat, better bread, and palta! (it's like my chilean "poutine"...)

Then the meat is pretty delicious too, specially "el lomo"

There are a lot of diverse and unbelievable "mariscos" (sea fruits). Here are some preparations


The chilean salad or "ensalada chilena", is all the more simple but "muy rico" (tomatoes with onions just enough cooked to be soft)

The "humita" is a special corn preparation (don't ask me...) , I love it

Last but not least, the chilean "empanadas" are everywhere, and of every sort. I will upload a picture later.

That's it for now, this is not a complete list, and I still didn't try the national meal, "la cazuela"

2 comentarios:

Jana Zen dijo...

Oi henri!
Peguei o seu blog com a vó...mto legal!!!
Vou entrar sempre pra ver como vc está!
Saudades!
Bjos!

Marie dijo...

Buen aprovecho!! ;)